Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day! (minus the turkey)

This year CJ and I couldn't make it out to Vegas to be with family for Thanksgiving, but we made the best of it and decided to try and cook by ourselves. Instead of turkey we used cornish game hens, because we didn't need a big turkey, and also because they were only 2 bucks each. We made all the usual side dishes though, and it was delish! Even though we didn't get to spend the holiday with our family, it turned out to be a great day. I've decided that I actually am grateful for being here in Eugene. Yeah it's all new to me and a bit lonely at times(well only when I'm at home by myself), but CJ and I have really been able to focus on us. Not everyone gets the opportunity to get up and move to a new place, so I'm thankful that we were.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Looks like your meal turned out great!! I am sad you were not in town but the time you guys get to have together is priceless! And I am glad Eugene is growing on you a bit!