Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas tree fiasco

So since I have been so good about not spending money on things we don't need, i.e. clothing, makeup, etc., it was agreed that I deserved a Christmas tree. So with a $15 budget, we went out and found a great tree. Now when we were packing up our cars to move up here, the only thing that I couldn't bring was my fake tree. I did manage to bring all of my decorations, including my fake tree stand. This being said, when we got our tree we thought we would be able to use the fake tree stand for our real tree. We were wrong, well, sorta. Handyman CJ cleverly managed to Jerry-rig our tree up, drilling screws into the tree to hold it up, and it finally worked. The only problem was that the tree needs water, but we couldn't figure out a way to keep a bowl of water under our [barely standing] tree. So now a week later our tree is brown and has lost it's smell. And I have lost my job (yes, I've already been laid off!) so we will have to make do with a dead tree for the rest of the month. CJ said it reminds him of Charlie Brown, so he's not all too unhappy with it.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Your tree is perfect! I am sorry you have been laid off, hopefully you will find something else soon

Sarah said...

Hey Molly! I am so glad you found me and that you have a blog so I can actually know what you are up to. I am sad that your tree is dead but it really does look awesome.